Home arrow Forum arrow Archived Forum
FreakLabs Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Simple Project (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Simple Project
ZigbeeBot (Visitor)
Apprentice Freak
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Simple Project 2 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
Hi All,
Another beginer with another set of childish questions
Basically all i want to implement a simple zigbee network to glow several lights of my house. Light sources should act a mesh nodes. Few routers within mesh nodes to route the instruction beign sent to them.
All i want to grasp is what role a PAN cordinator will play in this, and how can i develop this...I'm not interested in designing the device, so i'd appreciate if you recommend me one that will light a bulb.
Also, now that i've somehow described what i want to do...what are the devices that i need to use....like What as PAN Cordinator, Router and End Device.
Also how can i control those RFDs, like is the PAN cordinator connected to PC through certain software or what? if software, what'd be the one.

I'd appreciate if you people help me grasp some concept out of it!

Regards.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
ZigbeeBot (Visitor)
Apprentice Freak
graphgraph
Re:Simple Project 2 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
No one's here?

Akiba (Admin)
Admin
graph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Simple Project 2 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 25  
If you're set on using a mesh network, I'd recommend XBee which is probably the most popular Zigbee node available. They will support mesh networking and also there is a lot of open source software available online for them. You would basically just have two types of nodes: the coordinator and the routers. There would technically be no difference between a router and an end device in terms of hardware, but since an end device has crippled functionality, you may as well just make them all routers. As for software, you'd be using the what's available with the XBee.

ZigbeeBot (Visitor)
Apprentice Freak
graphgraph
Re:Simple Project 2 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
Thanks a lot for reply!
Could you please tell me few devices that would help my cause?, like what should be the PAN cordinator in this setup also what'd be the router/end device ?
Basically i'm little confused over PAN Cordinator, as what i found through searching is zigbee devices are normally the end device, so what is this PAN Cordinator?
As i mentioned, I'm not into designing product/devices for myself, so i'ld be using the readymaid devices specified by Zigbee Alliances.
A sample schematic would be helpful too!

Regards!

Go to top Post Reply
get the latest posts directly to your desktop